Translate

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Spotting signs of imminent kidding


Goat Health

Oops baby! 

Spotting signs of imminent kidding

I stared wide-eyed and blinked three times. The October sun shone on my face as I rubbed my eyes and repeated the blinking. Not willing to believe the obvious, I stared at the back end of Daphne, my Boer-cross doe, where the beginnings of an udder appeared. Quickly I counted backwards five months, using my fingers to keep my mind focused. Nothing sprang out to me, no memories of a doe in heat or any unusual behavior. Only a faint nudging reminder came forward, when yearling Boer buck Wild William became increasingly pungent over the course of a week during mid-June, but that memory faded quickly in my excitement. Read More »

January Newsletter

Happy New Year from Hoegger Supply! Start the year off on the right hoof by keeping up with the latest goat information from our knowledgeable contributors. Be sure to check out this month's newsletter for the inside scoop on goat health, soapmaking, and fiber goats.

Visit Amber Waves

Visit Amber Waves
Book your on-line appointment today!